1. My sister has started blogging again! You should stop by to say hello. It could be worth it (just sayin').
2. Yesterday I was overcome with a deep, passionate desire to knit stranded mittens.
3. I had the yarn, but didn't have DPNs the right size (?!?!?!)
4. I went to the yarn store and came back with yarn for the mittens, but no needles. (Thus costing me money and defeating the purpose of the trip.)
5. I made it work by using the two 6" Knit Picks harmony needles I found, two 5" Brittany birch, and one 8" Clover bamboo. (I won't get into why none of these were acceptable. Apparently I'm more picky than I thought.)
6. I didn't much like that set-up, but I love the pattern (Marko's Mittens from Folk Knitting in Estonia) and I'm using Jamieson's, so there's a lot of love going around. (I've had a things for natural, woolen-spun yarns for a while, too.) (I saw some other yarn that was "moth-proofed." I don't know what that means, but I was instantly upset by it. I don't like my yarn tampered with.)
7. I don't know why I thought it was a good idea to start a pair of mittens at 1am, but I seem to have managed the cast on just fine.
8. That second braid, though, the pretty white/red one? It's wrong. It's supposed to be black and red.
9. It's fixed now.
10. Now I just need to figure out how it's going to fit on my hand.
11. I'm sure it'll be fine when it's done.
12. Be quiet, I can hear what you're thinking.